We are happy to welcome you to hotel Hoheneck, Dorfstrasse 4, 6390 Engelberg.We are happy to welcome you to hotel Hoheneck, Dorfstrasse 4, 6390 Engelberg.
Booking routines and Cancellation terms for individual guests
• We apply exactly the same cancellation policy when you book directly with the hotel or with the WebBookingEngine at our website as when you book us with Booking.com.
• Normally reserved rooms can be cancelled up to seven (7) days in advance. After that, or with no-show, the full payment for the stay will be debited. When making a normal reservation, the credit card (CC) will be reserved for the reservation and debited seven days before arrival, if nothing else is agreed.
• If you have made a reservation with the rate "non-refundable" we will charge your credit card directly after 24hours. The idea with the 24 hours is that you have time to arrange transportations and gather friends for the stay. The non-refundable rate is not cancellable or refundable. However, we will not misuse the 24 hour rule. So, if you get problems to cancel on the website, please contact us directly.
• The hotel room reservation is binding after the hotel has issued a confirmation. The hotel reserves the right to adjust wrong and mistaken information and errors. Correction shall be made without delay when discovered.
• If authorities induce travel bans for exiting your own country or enter Switzerland, for the time of your journey, full reimbursement will be applicable for all Non-Refundable and Normal reservation rates.
Check-In and Staying here
• Rooms are ready for use from 16.00. Earlier access is subject to availability. Departure day the room should be left latest at 11 am. Luggage can be stored in the hotel during the day.
• We urge our guests to respect social distancing. Your check-in will be made with an envelope containing the key, a thorough welcome- and instruction letter plus your check-in card. The “envelope” can be handed out in several ways; directly from our reception staff, from the bar when arriving late or placed in the reception. The Check-in card should be signed and put in the post box in the reception.
• For a convenient arrival, please inform us when you expect to arrive.
• There is free WiFi in the whole hotel. Reservations for occasional and temporarily abruptions due to heavy traffic load.
• Please observe that even if we are around in the house, the reception will normally not be manned. A helpline for contact with the staff will be provided as a telephone number in the envelope and a telephone in the reception.
• Dogs are allowed in a few selected rooms for a charge of 30 chf per night.
• We are a SMOKE-FREE hotel and bar. Including balconies.
• The hotel is located in the village centre and sometimes there are noises from the streets at nights. If you are extra sensitive, please note at the booking that you like to have a room in another direction.
• When arriving late at night think of your fellow guests having their beauty sleep.
• Room parties are not allowed
• Breakfast; the breakfast can be served in-house in the Saal or Lounge. It can also be served at the Bakery Backdossen across the street (30m). The where about for the breakfast will be presented on a sign in the reception latest the evening before.
• Self-Service-Package; new for this year, in order to offer even more affordable rooms, is that we offer an additional Self-Service-Package. This means that the linen, pillow case, duvé case and the towel is placed at the foot end of the bed. You then have the pleasure to make your own bed and also take care of the room yourself during the stay. Then we will make the check-out cleaning.
• The hotel reserve the right to charge the CC during or after the stay for, but not limited to; Lost key 100sfr, excessive cleaning, lost or broken items, damages, penalty for smoking in the hotel including the room or on the balcony
• The guests are expected to follow house rules and show respect to staff and fellow hotel guests. In case of violation the Hotel reserve the right to expel the guests without compensating for unused hotel nights. The guests are expected to reasonable contribution in order to resolve problems and to minimize damages.
• You can buy SkiTickets online at Titlis webpage or at the Talstation. An insider tip is that they sell the tickets at the Tourist Office across the street from Hoheneck and also at Bahnhof where there normally are less ques.
• The general Conditions are subject to Swiss LawHotel Hoheneck,
Engelberg October 2020