Exclusive discount! Get 10% when you book your stay with us.
The largest winter & summer holiday destination in central Switzerland.
Engelberg is situated in central Switzerland in the canton Obwalden. In the winter, Engelberg is a very popular ski resort with visitors from all over the world, although the village offers good hiking, paragliding, downhill mountainbiking and many more activities all year round. Make sure to have a look inside the beautiful Benedictine monastery founded in 1120, the Engelberg Abbey, located just next to our hotel.
- Four Lake Hike – magnificent tour from glassy Lake Trübsee to deep-blue Engstlensee, on to the turquoise-colored Tannensee and the picturesque Melchsee.
- With the rotating Titlis Rotair gondola to the eternal ice and the spectacular suspension bridge Titlis Cliff Walk, the Ice-Flyer and the Glacier Grotto. Fun on the slopes – snow is guaranteed between October and May and a 12-km ski run from the Titlis down to the valley is one of the longest downhills in the Alpine region.
- Children’s paradise Brunni – a toboggan run, Globi’s water world, Globi‘s petting zoo at the Rigidal mountain inn, and the tickling path near Härzlisee – everything a child could want.
- Freeriding and ski touring – spectacular downhill runs, such as Laub, Steinberg and Galtiberg make Engelberg the ultimate freeride heaven and for all those who don’t mind a bit of climbing, there are a number of fantastic ski tours.
- FIS Ski Jumping World Cup Engelberg – where the world’s ski jumping elite meets for the largest winter sport event in central Switzerland (December)
- Fisherman's Friend Strongman Run – across slopes of scree, through ice-cold rivers, along deep chasms, and underneath barbed wire. This is the longest and toughest obstacle course in Switzerland (June)
- Alpine Pop Music Festival – the pop music festival at Ristis has established itself and is now a fixed part of the summer music program in central Switzerland (August)
- Rugghubelberglauf – unparalleled run against a majestic mountain backdrop. It starts in the village of Engelberg and finishes at the Rugghubel hut at 2,296 meters (August)
- Titlis Mountain Trophy – climbing more than 2,000 meters on foot from the Engelberg base station to Gross-Titlis (3,238 meters) (August)